Last updated 12-25-21
Due to the current surge in cases of COVID 19 throughout our community, we have returned to curbside services only.
We are sorry we are not able to accommodate in person appointments, however, our team’s health is our priority, and we are committed to staying open to provide proper care for your pets. We will re-evaluate the circumstances in January and let you know of any changes. Thank you for your patience and understanding through this difficult journey we have been on. We assure you we are all doing our best to get back to normal as soon as possible!
The Dr.’s and Staff of Abell Animal Hospital
What to expect at your appointment
- Please call or text upon arrival at 773-631-6727.
- Once our COVID screening is complete we will check in your pet over the phone.
- The technician working with your pet will call you back to obtain a history over the phone first and then give you further instructions to enter the building.
- The veterinarian and staff will provide an exam and care for your pet in the exam room or treatment area.
- Once the veterinarian has reviewed exam notes, recommendations, and diagnostics, we will collect contactless payment with our credit card machine. Cash and checks are still accepted, however, credit cards and care credit are preferred.
For prescription and food refills
- Please continue to call ahead so we can have the items ready upon your arrival.
- You may call upon arrival or come in through the front entrance.
We have missed you! Thank you for your patience as we have adapted to emails and phone calls over the smiles and handshakes we always look forward to. Our team has done an outstanding job comforting your pets in your absence, standing in the rain (and snow) for appointments, and stepping up in these uncertain times. We will continue to ensure our staff and clients safety to the best of our capabilities, and look forward to working together with you to provide the best care available.